Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

We Made It South

Our trip south to our winter stomping grounds was uneventful, which is a good thing.  We set our departure time for 9:00 am, which is really early for us night owls, and only missed it by 30 minutes.  We left at 9:34 with steps up, door rail tucked closed, antenna down, and LuLu in the back seat.
So far, so good.

We made it safely to our spot on November 1st which was our plan.  I am too tired to take any pictures or remember any details.  After we got set up we went out and ate at Luby’s cafeteria.  This idea of going through and picking your entrée and two sides was foreign to Clark.  What’s this?  You can’t keep going back for more?  What a silly rule!  Needless to say, between his meal and half of mine he was happily satisfied.  He came back, hooked up the water and then went for a bike ride around the park.  I, on the other hand, did what any normal person would do, I took a long nap!
The office to our park is closed for the weekend so we don’t have a schedule of activities yet.  I am going to take advantage of the pool for sure, but probably not until Monday because I am hoping my antenna will pick up the local channels down here and I can watch some football!

The weather is beautemous!  It was 87 degrees, with low humidity, at 3:30 when we left to go eat.  It is 64 now and the low is 61.  The park is quiet.  We are going to sleep with our windows open.  I love that!  We have been hearing the coyotes howling which does remind us of life on the farm. 

I will say that being home from April to October we never once regretted our decision to full-time.  We so enjoyed our time with family and friends but when the temperatures started dropping we were hearing the call to go south.