Thursday, November 6, 2014

I didn't want to do it...

(This all was from yesterday's activities)

I didn’t want to do it, no, I didn’t want to do it… (isn’t that a song, Sheryl?), but my personal trainer, I mean, Clark, made me do it (and yes, that is similar to the devil in this case – at least it felt like it at the time!)  I went to water aerobics at 10:00 am.
I didn’t want to go for several reasons; the first being the most obvious AND already stated – 10:00 AM The second, the disagreeable weather; it was cloudy and drizzling.  Ok – not a fan of exercise to start with.  I don’t have anything against watching it.  I always enjoyed watching The Biggest Loser while eating ice cream right out of the container, but to actually do it myself and at the early morning hour of 10 am – need I say more?  And, lack of sun – seriously – is there really a point to going to the pool when the sun isn’t out?  I mean that’s what indoor pools are for, and don’t even get me started on that!

But, once I shivered my way down to the pool and got in, it felt pretty good.  The water was actually warmer than the air.  Then a few other ladies showed up and we got started.  It was pretty fun and I managed to not drown myself. They had all done the first CD many times before so since they knew what they were doing they mostly talked through it while they did whatever the CD was saying.   I chatted along with them and just kept moving around in the water since I couldn’t hear the instructions on the CD. 

But the second one, you had to go to the edge of the pool so the chatting stopped and the workout really began.  Like any exercise class I have ever been to, I didn’t know what I was doing most of the time. But, you can’t really see what anyone else is doing in the water so they can’t see that you are a moron and can’t follow simple instructions.

By the time I figure out which arm is supposed to be going which way, I have totally missed what my legs are supposed to be doing!

 When class was finally over, I found that the water felt so good I just floated on my back for awhile and was the last one out.  Still no sun though.  In fact, no sun all day and it drizzled off and on all day long.

We went down to the volunteer office and Clark signed up for kitchen duty.  He will wash pots and pans, which he doesn't mind.  Especially when he gets to eat free on the days he volunteers!  He is signed up for a dozen or so times for the rest of the month.  I signed up for two events – serving ice cream.  That seems easy enough but I was smart and just did two.  I don’t want to get stuck doing it if I don’t enjoy it.  Besides, I am waiting to see what community events I can volunteer at through whatever church we end up attending.

We spent the afternoon trying to find the new library in McAllen.  It is an old Walmart they turned into a library and is supposed to be really nice.  It turned out we were on the wrong road and never did find it.  We stopped and ate supper and headed back to the park so I could play Pokeno.  We will look for the library another day, now that we know where it is actually located.

I had never played Pokeno before but I found it was very easy.  It costs 8 cents per hand to play.  In the end, I won 88 cents.  They play again on Saturday.  I will probably go because what the heck else am I gonna do with 500 plus pennies?!  I didn’t enjoy it as much as Dirty Sevens because you have to listen for the calling so you can mark your card, so there is only chatting between rounds.  It isn't as easy to get to know people doing that. 

P.S. This is how Lulu spends her days.