Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Misc stuff - just catching up...

Wow!  I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted!  We went to Chad & Amanda's for Thanksgiving.  Doug & Morgan  weren't able to come due to his work schedule.  On Thanksgiving night we made s'mores in the fireplace - yummy!  Then we watched a Christmas movie.





When we left Lubbock, it was 19 degrees and very windy.  We were so cold because we don't have heavy winter coats anymore. We hadn't taken our gloves and scarves because we didn't realize they had a cold front coming.  On the drive home, we watched the temperature rise the whole way.  When we got back to the Valley, it was 75 degrees at 7 pm.  It was great to be home to much warmer weather.  


When we got back, we did a lot of this:






And then a little more of this:



It is pretty cool driving around and seeing all of the Cowboy fans.  I wish I could have gotten a better picture of this truck but we were driving behind him so this was all I could get.  The paint job was all Cowboy colors. It was pretty cool!  Hum...ideas for our next truck :)





 I saw these "pants" at Kohl's and thought, if you really loved donuts like I love donuts, you definitely could not wear these pants in public. Unless you were making a donut run!  

Sheryl, I thought of you when I saw these.  It reminded me of the card
 you sent me years ago that put such a smile on my face I kept it on the fridge
.

We did find a yummy donut place here called Shipley's. They have a filling that I thought was like the white cream frosting,but this was like a marshmellow cream.  Oh my gosh!  I was in heaven when I bit into that long john!

And speaking of surprises...when I checked our park mailbox, there was a small baggie of Friendship Tea in every cubbie!  I thought that was so sweet of them to kick off the Christmas season like that.  When I got back to the 5th wheel I showed it to Clark and then set it on the counter for later.  When"later" came, I opened it up to pull out the directions for making it only to discover that after making it you were supposed to dump it down the toilet for the septic system!  Oops!